CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA
Another Pinterest find, this little gem is a delight to the palate! I’m so glad I stumbled upon it, my family even likes it! So, I put a little twist to it and made it my own – so much better for you than all that bread. Add whatever toppings you like, I used fat free ham, red onion, green, and yellow peppers, along with 1/4 cup of part-skim mozzarella cheese and my own homemade pizza sauce. I’ll give you that recipe too – psssst…it’s EASY!
Ingredients for crust:
- 1 head cauliflower (3 cups shredded)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fat free tomato basil herbed feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- Shred cauliflower into small crumbles. Use a food processor, it’ll save your sanity. Remember, we want crumbles, not puree, so don’t overkill.
- Place crumbles in bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. Let cool a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray cookie sheet or pizza pan with nonstick spray.
- In medium bowl, mix cauliflower crumbles with remaining crust ingredients.
- Pat crust into a 12 inch round on prepared pan. Spray crust lightly with nonstick spray.
- Bake 15 minutes (or until golden). Remove crust from oven and turn heat up to broil.
- Spread sauce on top of baked crust (see sauce recipe below) leaving a half inch border.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top, add rest of toppings. Can top with another 1/4 cup cheese if desired (I didn’t).
- Broil pizza 3-4 minutes, or until toppings are hot and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Directions for pizza sauce:
- Use a 6-oz. can tomato paste with Italian herbs.
- Add 1 Tbsp. brown sugar and 1/4 cup water and mix. Add more water if sauce seems too thick.
This pizza serves 3-4 people. Grab a fork, you’ll need it to eat this kind of pizza! Get creative with your toppings to suit your own taste, and I think you’re gonna be pleasantly surprised at this tasty, low carb, low cal, healthy treat!!!