One of my son’s favorites, it has all the tastes of a cheeseburger mixed in, including the ketchup and mustard! The secret to the crispiness on top is broiling for 2 minutes at the end. Just keep the pan on the same middle rack.
- 16 oz. spiral macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- minced or chopped onion (if desired)
- 4 Tbsp. margerine
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 bag Ritz crackers
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tsp. mustard
- Boil macaroni according to directions.
- Meanwhile, brown turkey or beef, drain, and add ketchup and mustard.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter over med/low heat and stir in flour with whisk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Gradually stir in cup of milk, just a bit at a time, to avoid lumps.
- Add cheese and turn heat down to low, stir about 5 more minutes.
- Drain macaroni and mix with cheese mixture.
- Place meat mixture in 9×13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with cheesy macaroni.
- Melt the other 2 Tbsp. butter and crush crackers. Mix together and sprinkle over macaroni.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes, turn oven to broil; broil 2 minutes or until crackers are browned.
Serves 6-8, but be prepeared for second helpings and ZERO left overs!!! Soooo good!
Leave a Reply