- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb) (I used thawed chicken tenderloins).
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili sauce (I used 1/8 tsp. chili powder and mixed in with above ingredients).
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Pour over chicken and let chicken marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or all day.
- Combine barbecue and chili sauce (if you haven’t already used chili powder with your first 5 ingredients like I did). Set aside.
- Place chicken on grill; cook 10 to 15 minutes, until done. Baste chicken with barbecue sauce mixture once on each side before removing from grill (during the last few minutes of grilling).